Worthy and Associates was founded in 1983 in Seattle to improve communities through specialized design of parks, streetscapes, trails and bikeways, streams, shorelines, and wetland habitat restorations.
The firm combines the disciplines of landscape architecture, urban planning and environmental design. Firm members share a commitment to provide consulting services that enable them to design and develop projects that engage society, enrich lives, and provide stewardship of natural environments.
In the more than twenty years since its formation, Worthy and Associates has developed a strong regional reputation for continuing services that provide distinct long-term project values and public benefit. Our staff includes highly skilled professionals with a broad area of knowledge in the fields of landscape architecture, environmental and community planning, and urban design with a broad portfolio of projects in the following areas:
- Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Civic and Campus Facilities
- Residential Gardens
- Wetlands, Streams, and Shorelines
- Streetscapes and Plazas
- Trails and Bikeways
Our goal as professionals is to dedicate ourselves to our clients, the public, and our projects, as well as meet all of the following design principles:
- Serve and enhance the greater community
- Provide environmentally sustainable design
- Maintain a focus on long term project values
We share our clients' visions and commitments by enthusiastically engaging in strongly supported public process yielding creative and durable project design solutions. Our ability to be a member of a team - as a prime or subconsultant and designer is to draw the very essence of the project into alignment with budget, program, social, and environmental parameters.
- Conceptual planning for fundraising and grant support
- Predesign programming and cost/value analysis
- Site planning and integrated designs
- Public dialogue and workshop facilitation
- Bid documents and phasing strategies
- Warranty and followup evaluations
Site Design by M.E.W.